VILLA AND PARK WERTHEIMSTEIN
- כניסות: 5805
The villa and park at Döblinger Hauptstraße 96, a few steps from the LBS Campus and our synagogue, was built in 1833 and bought in 1867 by the Jewish banker Leopold von Wertheimstein, a business partner of the Rothschilds.
Leopold's daughter Franziska had a famous salon in the villa, popular in Viennese artistic circles.
Poet Ferdinand von Saar was a frequent guest there; in 1906 he also commited suicide at Villa Wertheimstein. His monument can be found in Wertheimsteinpark. Since that event the salon life in the villa was over. In 1908 Franziska left the villa to the city of Vienna.
in 1964 the district museum (Bezirksmuseum Döbling) was opened, with an exhibition on history, art, wine traditions Döbling.